Box Sash Windows on Springs
High quality, authentic, and traditional Wooden box sash windows on springs. Made with Premium quality engineered, multi-layered pine timber offering natural durability and strength. Fully finished, beaded, and double glazed with energy-efficient glass.
- Sash Window on Springs
- Fully Beaded Double or Single Glazed ( 20 – 24mm Sealed Units )
- Energy Saving “Thermofloat” Glass – Ug = 1,1 W/m2K
- Certified U values Compliant to Building Regulations ( Part L )
- Warm Edge Spacers Technology Bottom and Top Sashes sliding –
- Modern spring-loaded mechanism
- Decorative Horns to match Hardwood sill ( flush-to-frame )
- Fully finished in ANY Classic RAL colour
- Painted in four stages: wood preservation – staining – interlayer top – final coat
- Full Set of Standard Ironmongery – Caldwell/Roto ( in Silver chrome/ Silver Matt / Brass ) Fully Draught Sealed
Supplied and Installed from £1250 + VAT
What is the average cost to replace Sash Windows?
What is the difference between a box sash and a sliding sash window?
The sash window is unquestionably a solid favourite with it’s nostalgic and instantly recognizable design. The timeless design and famous look of the window date back to the 17th century but what is the difference between a box sash and a sliding sash window? It comes down to the mechanism that works within the window.
Box sashes are the traditional style of window, where a system of weights and pulleys on a piece of sash cord would counterbalance the sash and enable easier movement of the heavy window.
The system would be housed inside a box, built into the side of each window, and hidden from view. Hence why they are called box sashes.
Which should you choose Box sash or sliding sash window?
There is no simple answer to this question. You really can not go wrong with a sash window, whichever option you choose. Both options have their plus points, but the choice really depends on your own taste, where the window will be located, and the opening. Box sash is the preferred option for recreating that authentic look and feel, ideal for historic locations and Grade 2 listed buildings. Whereas spring balance will fit in flawlessly with most buildings and will usually offer a cost reduction.
Please contact us for a free no-obligation quote
[contact-form-7 id=”573″ title=”Contact form 1″]